Monday, June 6, 2011

Spilled Sparkles


So, I'm some massive amount of feet above the ground starring out into the wild expansion of earth, sky and airplane that lays out in front of me.  Bright neon green and gold against a back drop of black spreads out before me, looking like Jules spilled a bottle of some sort of shimmering liquid over the dark ground. If I watch it long enough maybe the little arms of light will extend crawling closer to me.  Nope, they are stuck in the same place, just city lights from an undetermined distance. They sure are pretty.  The grid work reminds me of Christmas lights but appearing far more delicate like tiny beings worked on them with tiny hands...lol. What beautiful work we humans create, but all the expanse belongs to the gods. Being up this high makes me contemplate all sorts of things.  I wonder what Lucy Maud would have thought about flying on an airplane.  It's funny how slow it seems to go. I wonder if gods are able to fly much faster, seeing everything all at once.  It definitely would make the landscape rush by.  Right now it seems slow and I have very little concept of scale because I can't even identify any cars below me...more spilled sparkles, splashes of them everywhere.
The flight itself hasn't been so bad, although a little terrifying at first.
I miss everyone, but I also can't wait for the next thing.  The world is so much bigger from up here and I want to see it all...even if it is just a bunch of glow-in-the-dark sparkles thrown up across the landscape of time. I think it's beautiful. 
P.S. I really need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment