Friday, June 17, 2011

Blessington Park


Blessington Park was introduced to me within just a couple of days of being here. One of the guys who works reception at the hostel has become friends with Nate and I and we tend to hang out a lot.  His name is Oscar and he's from Latvia,  a country I had never actually heard of before, but it's between Germany and Russia, observe the map below:


Anyway, he decided to drag me over there last friday, I think Nate was napping lol, and it was an unexpected surprise.  First off he told me it was like a block away, and I was thinking 'that's crazy, this whole area is just buildings as far as I can see.  I would have noticed a park tucked away somewhere.' 'It's vonly like tuv minutes' (that's with his accent). Yeah, sure.  Anyway, it really was like two minutes away, and it was AMAZING.  Observe the photos below lol. I'll make a note that I started taking pics with my camera, but they weren't coming out as well, so Oscar let me use his, which are most of the pictures I'm posting.  I think they came out very lovely.





I love the quaintness of Dublin, this trash can is just an example:


Oh I forgot it's a 'rubbish bin' not trash can. :P  The park also had these lovely little seats:


And birds:


a cat that wouldn't let me touch it:



And more plants and flowers:






I love the raindrops on this one:


So if you are in the area, definitely stop by. It is well worth it. (I took this one a couple days later, but it says everything I want to say about the park:

No comments:

Post a Comment